Snake Bite Pant in Checker
In a collection where inspiration was drawn from insects and a mysterious Lizzy, a recurring theme is endless ruching and checkerboard patterning. Alternating front and back ties secure this graphic pair of fitted pants that leave a teardrop shape of skin exposed at the hip. The warp and weft sides of the denim have been employed to create a striped effect with a checkerboard top. These drop-dead sexy jeans are perfect to pair with your most uptight blouses or sweaters.
– Composed of reimagined Glove Leggings erroneously cut from Organic Cotton denim
– Wrap front to back and tie center back, then wrap back to front and tie center front
– High-rise with ruching throughout
– Patchwork stripe and checkerboard design
– One size fits S-M
– 98% Organic Cotton 2% Elastane
– Made in Seattle, U.S.A. by Janelle Abbott for JRAT
We have used reconstruction techniques in our collection since 2011. For the JRAT collection, artist and designer, Janelle Abbott reimagined 50 pairs of acid-green, organic cotton Glove Leggings that were unwearable due to a cutting error (wrong textile!) to create a full range of zero-waste garments and accessories.