Double Sports Shrug in Checker
In a collection where inspiration was drawn from insects and a mysterious Lizzy, a recurring theme is endless ruching and checkerboard patterning. The Double Sports Shrug features a complex repatterining and tubular ruching throughout the deconstructed bodice and sleeves. The warp and weft sides of the denim have been employed to create this shell-like multicolor strappy, denim shrug.
– Composed of reimagined Glove Leggings erroneously cut from Organic Cotton denim
– Center front and back or wrapped tie-closure shrug
– Extra long waist tiles are intended to dangle
– Ruching details throughout
– One size fits M-XXL
– 98% Organic Cotton 2% Elastane
– Made in Seattle, U.S.A. by Janelle Abbott for JRAT
We have used reconstruction techniques in our collection since 2011. For the JRAT collection, artist and designer, Janelle Abbott reimagined 50 pairs of acid-green, organic cotton Glove Leggings that were unwearable due to a cutting error (wrong textile!) to create a full range of zero-waste garments and accessories.