In a collection where inspiration was drawn from insects and a mysterious Lizzy, a recurring theme is endless ruching and extra-long ties for wrapping and dangling. Alternating flat and ruched panels define this bell-shaped maxi skirt. The warp and weft side of the denim has been employed to create an aught-inspired maxi skirt with graphic color blocking that mimics pants. Three adjustable side ties secure the skirt for a variety of styling and sizing options.– Composed of reimagined Glove Leggings erroneously cut from Organic Cotton denim
– Elastic waist with ties to adjust fit and style
– High-rise with ruching at the center front and back
– Fitted at the hip with a flare at the hem
– One size fits S-XXL
– 98% Organic Cotton 2% Elastane
– Made in Seattle, U.S.A. by Janelle Abbott for JRAT
We have used reconstruction techniques in our collection since 2011. For the JRAT collection, artist and designer, Janelle Abbott reimagined 50 pairs of acid-green, organic cotton Glove Leggings that were unwearable due to a cutting error (wrong textile!) to create a full range of zero-waste garments and accessories.